This information-packed Step by Step course is the easiest and fastest way to teach yourself to write 32-bit Microsoft Windows–based programs using the latest version of Microsoft Visual Basic. Work through every lesson to complete the full course, or do individual lessons to learn just the skills you need. Either way, you gain the skills you need at your own pace.
With MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC PROFESSIONAL 6.0 STEP BY STEP, you’ll learn to:
- Work with ActiveX controls, compiler options, and the new development tools
- Master programming fundamentals, including variables, decision structures, loops, and functions
- Create custom dialog boxes, clocks, menus, and animation effects
- Manage text files and use encryption and sorting algorithms
- Use Automation to integrate Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook features into your applications
- Explore Professional Edition ActiveX controls that process RTF files, run videos, display progress information, and play audio CD-ROMs
- Call the memory management functions in the Windows API
- Download FTP and HTML files from the Internet and design DHTML pages
- Exploit corporate data resources with advanced database tools and the new ActiveX Data Objects
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.