With Wiley’s Interactive Edition, you get all the benefits of a downloadable, reflowable eBook with added resources to make your study time more effective, including:
• Lambda Expressions, Default & Static Method interfaces
• Embedded Problem Solving Sections & How-To Guides
• Worked Examples & Self-Check Exercises at the end of each chapter
• Progressive Figures that trace code segments using color for easy recognition
• Linked Programming Tips for programming best practices
• Integrated Try-With Resources from Java 7
Cay Horstmann’s sixth edition of Big Java: Early Objects, Interactive Edition, 6th Edition provides an approachable introduction to fundamental programming techniques and design skills, helping students master basic concepts and become competent coders. Updates for the Java 8 software release and additional visual design elements make this student-friendly text even more engaging. The text is known for its realistic programming examples, great quantity and variety of homework assignments, and programming exercises that build student problem-solving abilities. This edition now includes problem solving sections, more example code online, and exercise from Science and Business.