Orbiting the Earth is a bit like living in a minefield, with millions of tiny flecks of space junk whizzing about at thousands of miles per hour. If a rice-sized pellet whacked into the International Space Station, it could pack the punch of a hand grenade, causing precious oxygen to seep into space.
Explore each technology separately, learn how to combine them, and pick up valuable web programming concepts along the way, including objects, XHTML, cookies, and session management. This book provides review questions in each chapter to help you apply what you’ve learned.
- Learn PHP essentials and the basics of object-oriented programming
- Master MySQL, from database structure to complex queries
- Pick up CSS and CSS3 basics for formatting and styling your web pages
- Turn your website into a highly dynamic environment with Ajax calls
- Upload and manipulate files and images, validate user input, and secure your applications
- Enhance your website with HTML5 audio, video and other multimedia and powerful features
- Build a working example that brings all of these ingredients together
The Great Game of Business started a business revolution by introducing the world to open-book management, a new way of running a business that created unprecedented profit and employee engagement.
The revised and updated edition of The Great Game of Business lays out an entirely different way of running a company. It wasn’t dreamed up in an executive think tank or an Ivy League business school or around the conference table by big-time consultants. It was forged on the factory floors of the heartland by ordinary folks hoping to figure out how to save their jobs when their parent company, International Harvester, went down the tubes.
What these workers created was a revolutionary approach to management that has proven itself in every industry around the world for the past thirty years—an approach that is perhaps the last, best hope for reviving the American Dream.
Financial Accounting, 5th Edition provides students with an understanding of fundamental concepts necessary to use accounting effectively. Starting with a “macro” view of accounting information, the authors present real financial statements. They establish how a financial statement communicates the financing, investing, and operating activities of a business to users of accounting information. Kimmel, Weygandt and Kieso motivate students by grounding the discussion in the real world, showing them the relevance of the topics covered to their future.
Tangled cables are an unfortunate staple of my life, thanks to the five different devices I have to juice up every night. Until good wireless charging is a thing, I suspect that will never change; but this USB hub with its neat cable-management system might stave off insanity a little longer.
Coding Never Looked So Good! Here is Your Definitive Guide
The World Wide Web and mobile applications are the here to stay – and you can help them thrive!
Since the beginning of the Internet everyone has wanted to stake a claim to their own little corner of the Web. It started innocently enough. There were free homepages that came with signing up for America Online. Then there were the AngelFire pages with their flashing banners and loud music. MySpace and Facebook simplified things a little but people still wanted more. More personalization and more of what makes them, them.
That is where you – and this book – come in! With the help of HTML – The Easy Pocket Guide To Learn The Basics and Master Code Fast (For Beginners) you can learn the basic code you will need to help others realize their dream of a personalized digital presence that you can both be proud of!
In this primer you will find a simple foundation upon which you can build a website and a career.
Ready? Here Is What You’ll Learn:
- Basics Of Page Structure – Using templates, headings and margins you will learn how to set your page apart from all the others!
- Body/Page Content – Here we talk about paragraphs, breaks, lists, links and how to insert images.
- Typography 101 – In this chapter you will learn how to format your text so that is pleasing to the eye – and have it lead to more page views!
- Final Exam! – Here is where you can test your newly minted skills and format some text so that it appears on a page correctly. It is fun, useful and just a little bit nerdy!
There is even a BONUS CHAPTER featuring a cheat sheet of tags, definitions, and examples of code that you will need as you progress in your learning.
Finally there are a few bonus external links to check out for reference as you continue on your coding journey!
This one book will transform you and your life into more than you ever thought possible! You’ll learn to use code as a means of world domination! You will be the supreme ruler of all you survey!
No matter if your future plans include taking over the world or just making an attractive and functional website, HTML – The Easy Beginner’s Guide To Learn The Basics and Master Code Fast will get you well on your way to achieving all your coding dreams!
DOWNLOAD YOUR COPY TODAY!
With the second edition of this popular book, you’ll learn how to build HTML5 and CSS3-based apps that access geolocation, accelerometer, multi-touch screens, offline storage, and other features in today’s smartphones, tablets, and feature phones. The market for mobile apps continues to evolve at a breakneck pace, and this book is the most complete reference available for the mobile web.
Author and mobile development expert Maximiliano Firtman shows you how to develop a standard app core that you can extend to work with specific devices. This updated edition covers many recent advances in mobile development, including responsive web design techniques, offline storage, mobile design patterns, and new mobile browsers, platforms, and hardware APIs.
- Create effective user interfaces for touch devices and different resolution displays
- Understand variations among iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Firefox OS, and other mobile platforms
- Bypass the browser to create native web apps, ebooks, and PhoneGap applications
- Build apps for browsers and online retailers such as the App Store, Google Play Store, Windows Store, and App World